What to do when you feel like a mess

by - January 19, 2020

Pastel yellow graphic with circle pattern

I think it's fair to say we all go through those moments where we feel we are all over the place and don’t feel like we have anything in control. With this, rather than how much control you have over the situation, it is much more about how you feel about the situation. A lot of feeling like you are a mess is how you perceive yourself and your surroundings - or that is what I have found anyway. Here are some of the things that have helped me feel a little bit more put together when I really was not feeling it.

Writing everything that you have to do down. To-do lists have been helping me for a very long time and writing everything I need to get done is something I find really helpful.

Not putting as much pressure on yourself - hey maybe it took you longer than you would have liked to have finished a task or you’re not quite on top of all your deadlines. It’s fine - you will be soon. Everyone falls a little behind from time to time. It’ll come together soon.

Focusing on what you can control. Some things you just have to wait and see what happens. There’s nothing you can do about them. So trust that whatever is meant to happen will happen and focus on the things you can change. For example, the way you see things.

I found myself in one of these situations at university somewhat recently where I just felt like everything was a little out of control and not going to plan. It happens to the best of us - just give yourself some space and know that it’s not permanent and that you’ll find your way. Below is a quote I really resonated with.




Help keep me going 🙂
Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

You May Also Like

0 Comments

Thank you so much for checking my blog out! 🙂

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.